Monday, July 23, 2007

Book Review: Outlander

June 23, 2007

Will somebody please tell me why I spent over a week reading this 850-page book? I had read so many wonderful reviews on this book from the Sonlight Bibliovores forum. Some said that it was their favorite book/series ever. I have been trying to check it out from the library forever! But after reading this first one, I will resist the next 6 or so novels in this series by Diana Gabaldon. The storyline is yet another time-traveler one with absolutely none of the finesse of The Time Traveler's Wife. The rest of the book reads like a Scottish romance novel, with all the components you might expect in such a novel (and I mean all of the components). I kept reading because I had to figure out why so many people love this book. I am left dazed and confused.

No comments: